Blue Corner Dive Offers the PADI Divemaster Course Eco option which is the PADI Divemaster Course Blue Corner Option but with the benefit of 2 additional certifications specific to the coral monitoring here in Nusa Lembongan. The Reef Check Indonesia certification and Coral Watch Specialty are taught by our in house marine biologist.
Working closely with a PADI Instructor, in this program you expand your dive knowledge and improve your skills to the professional level. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
During the PADI Divemaster program, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems. You put this knowledge into action through an internship or series of practical training exercises.You will be expected to help out like a member of staff, as well as complete dive theory, assist the instructors, give dive briefings, guide certified divers, make a map of one of our dive sites, demonstrate skills to students and much more.
You have UNLIMITED diving for the duration of the program. This is an excellent course for those who want to further their diving career, as it is a stepping stone into pursuing exciting opportunities in the recreational dive industry, scientific research diving or commercial dive training.
As an eco resort passionate about the environment and coral reef health, we now offer our divemastersthe optiona of two additional certifications. The two goals of Reef Check certification programs are to:
- educate members of the public about the ecology of marine ecosystems, their value, threats to their health and solutions to those issues.
- train non‐scientists to learn how to collect scientifically valid, high quality data on reef ecosystems that can be used to track the condition of those ecosystems
Reef Check focuses on two ecosystems: temperate rocky reefs and tropical coral reefs anywhere in the world. It is also possible to apply the tropical program to subtropical systems with modifications. Each certification covers one geographic region Reef Check Course is a 3 day course. This is an intensive certification course designed to teach individuals everything that is needed to conduct Reef Check monitoring surveys. Course will include a background in Reef Check methodology as well as identification trainings for fish, invertebrates and substrates for generalized geographic locations. Includes both classroom and field work.
The CoralWatch Specialty course introduces divers to coral reef conservation and monitoring.
The goals of the CoralWatch Specialty course training are:
- To raise awareness about the importance of coral reef conservation and introduce CoralWatch.
- To inform students about coral reef impacts such as coral bleaching.
- To introduce the Coral Health Chart as a monitoring tool.
- To provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to identify coral health and record data.
- >To enable students to plan, organize and execute a coral health chart survey in a safe manner for both students and the environment.
- To emphasise the importance of Coral Health Chart monitoring activities and provide coral reef conservation opportunities through participation in Project AWARE’s CoralWatch Project.
- To submit coral health data, contributing to science and conservation.
Included materials: Reef Check EcoDiver kit, free membership to Reef Check, Reef Check EcoDiver certification card, Coral Watch Chart, Coral Watch Speciality Certification Card.
(Must be at least 18 years old, have logged a minimum of 40 open water dives prior to the course, have current training in CPR and be a PADI Rescue Diver or equivalent)
5 week course 995 USD
4 week course 7.500.000 Rp must have completed PADI eLearningAdditional weeks to complete course 100 USD/ week
Free PADI Search and Recovery Specialty
Free PADI Deep Diver Specialty
Free PADI Discovery Scuba Diving LeaderIncludes
Reef Check and CoralWatch materials and Certifications Plus Divemaster Crew Pack (includes all course materials) 250 USD and registration fees paid Directly to PADI with application