Just as scuba divers look up to divemasters, instructor candidates really respect IDC Staff Instructors. As the name implies, IDC Staff Instructors assist with instructor training and share their wisdom and experience with new PADI leaders. Taking the IDC Staff Instructor course provides you with in-depth knowledge of the instructor development process and prepares you to shape the next generation of PADI Professionals. It’s also a great career move.
Renewed PADI MSDT.
As an IDC Staff Instructor, you can independently teach PADI Assistant Instructor courses as well as assist with IDCs and other instructor-level continuing education courses.
Learning Materials You Need
New materials that you will need for the course are
- PADI Course Director Manual
- PADI Skills Evaluation Slate
- PADI Confined Water Evaluation Slate
- PADI Open Water Evaluation Slate
Materials that will be helpful for you
- Full set of SCUBA kit
- PADI Confined Water Preparation Slate
- PADI Open Water Preparation Slate
What will you learn
After a preassessment of your instructor-level knowledge of dive theory, exemplary dive skills and role-model presentation techniques, you’ll participate in these sessions:
- Instructor development standards, procedures and curriculum
- How to organize and conduct the PADI Assistant Instructor course
- The psychology of evaluation and counseling
- Evaluating knowledge development, confined water and open water teaching presentations
Plus, you’ll get to audit an IDC.
The IDC Staff is a great step toward becoming a PADI Course Director. Contact us for details on the course or to staff instructor development courses.