As a PADI Assistant Instructor, you not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional scuba diver, but you also start learning the PADI System of diver education. You can act as an instructional scuba assistant and assume limited teaching responsibilities. The PADI Assistant Instructor course is the first portion of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) and when followed by the Open water Scuba Instructor course and successful performance at the Instructor Examination (IE), leads to certification as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
You will build upon your abilities to organize and supervise scuba diving activities, while concentrating on developing teaching skills. The PADI AI learning model consists of the following:
- Knowledge development through self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations.
- Confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations.
- Open water workshops, rescue assessment and candidate presentations.
- During the course you’ll learn how to apply the PADI System of Education by presenting at least:
- Two confined water teaching presentations.
- Two knowledge development presentations.
- One open water teaching presentations integrating two skills.
- During the course you’ll need to demonstrate competency in Padi standards by passing a Standard and Procedures exam scoring 75%.
In addition to the responsibilities and duties you already have as a PADI Dive master, as a PADI Assistant Instructor you can:
- Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor During confined water dives, present initial skills training under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor.
- Teach and certify PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy under the direction of a PADI Instructor
- Teach Project Aware Specialty courses
- Teach the AWARE Coral Reef Conservation specialty course Conduct PADI Discover Scuba Diving experiences in a pool or confined water
- Conduct PADI Seal Team Aqua Missions
- Teach PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty course under the direction of a PADI Instructor after earning the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating.
- Teach PADI Oxygen provider specialty course under the direction of a PADI Instructor after earning the PADI Oxygen Provider Specialty Instructor rating.
- Be a PADI Divemaster or qualifying certification from another certification organization
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have 60 logged dives, including night, deep, and navigation dives
- Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months
- Have CPR and First Aid Training within the last 24 months
- Be fit for diving
Cost - Payments to Blue Corner Dive
10.000.000 IDR – 6 Days
8.700.000 IDR for Instructor Crew Pack
Cost - Payments to PADI Asia Pacific
PADI Assistant Instructor Application 108 AUD